What to expect
Just like the first day of school, your dog’s first day of dog daycare or pet
boarding is fun and exciting, but also requires some getting used to.
Find out what
to expect on your pup's first visit
After You Get Home
- Fully interactive pet daycare is designed to be challenging both physically and psychologically for the dogs. DON’T BE ALARMED if your dog comes home and sleeps for hours on end and appears lethargic. He isn’t sick; he’s worn out from all the playing!
- The excitement of being home may make your pet pant and appear very thirsty. We always provide fresh water at all times, but he may be need to drink more water when he arrives home and throughout the night, especially if he isn’t used to all the activity that comes along with fully interactive dog daycare.
- You may notice your dog has minor scratches on him. Again, DON’T BE ALARMED. He was just interacting and playing with his new friends the best way he can—with his paws and his mouth.
- We have a variety of floor surfaces at pet daycare including concrete, rubber, beach gravel, asphalt, just to name a few. Your dog may have sore feet or abrasions for a few days if he’s accustomed to carpet or soft surfaces. They will toughen over time.
- It is also not unusual for your dog to be limping or favoring one side for a few days. Like any athlete, he just has sore muscles from all the exercise.
- By the end of a busy week at dog daycare or after an overnight visit at our dog hotel, your dog may smell a little “doggier” than usual. If your dog comes home tired, smelly, and dirty, it means he had a great day at Hounds Town. We offer a full service dog grooming menu designed to send your pup home smelling like roses, so please inquire about a bath upon check-in.
- If you have any questions, just ask us! We always welcome parents to call during the day and check up on their pup and to visit you location’s Facebook page for photos.
Satisfied Clients Testimonials
If your dog goes home tired, dirty, and a little smelly, he’s had a good day at Hounds Town! Our goal is to provide dogs with a place to interact as naturally as they would in the wild, and to give customers their money’s worth each day.VIEW MORE TESTIMONIALS
“Great staff and my dog clearly enjoys it because she fights to get to their front door when I open my car door!”
“Zoey, who has severe anxiety and is afraid of everything under the sun absolutely LOVES going to Hounds Town! She can’t run through the door fast enough! So happy to have such a great place to take her to!”
“We love hounds town !! My 9 month old pup maverick goes there a few days a week for socializing and separation anxiety and jumps out of the car when we pull up! We work full time jobs so he is usually crated and we like to break that up so he gets some play time throughout the week and by the time we get home he’s tired and relaxed!”Read More
“The best place around to bring you furbabies! How could you not love the amazing people here when they remember your pets name right after their first visits! Thanks for all that you do and all of your hard work!”
“I Love Hounds Town. My dog Duck loves going there for daycare as we work. She loves being around other dogs. The staff is so nice. They always greet her by name when we bring her in. Duck has been going there for 2 years since she was a puppy. When we have boarded her we felt very good knowing she was having fun and was safe. The people at Hounds Town really care about the dogs.”Read More
“Our puppy Taylor loves it at Hounds Town! We’ve been bringing her since she was 4 months old and it’s been such a nice addition to our schedule. She loves her friends there, and the staff really cares about each and every dog. She drags me through the door every morning and comes home tired and happy every evening. Thank you for all that you do for the animals!”Read More
“Never worry when I leave my dog Jack at Hounds Town – the staff is great and I know my dog is having fun and not just sitting in a kennel. He is always very happy when I drop him off cause he knows he will get to play with dogs his size. Definitely would recommend to anyone who loves their dog and is looking for a safe ,loving place.”Read More
“I wouldn’t trust just anyone to look after my Memphis. The staff is absolutely wonderful!! Memphis is very well cared for. I have boarded him for almost a week and have sent him in for daycare and grooming. Saying I am satisfied, is a total understatement!!! The staff there have been the only people to put him into a coma…or as we called it, “The Hounds Town Hangover”!! And it lasts a good 2 days!! I would and have recommended Hounds Town to several people. They are incredibly awesome with Memphis.”Read More
“Absolutely love Hounds Town! Wouldn’t trust my dog with anyone else. Scout loves going!”
“I do not know what I would do without you guys. Our pup was so anxious when we rescued her. We tried everything: collars, thunder vest, cbd, therapist, medicine. The only thing that helped her was doggy day care. After the first visit she was a new dog. She has so much fun there. We use both daycare and boarding, and wouldn’t trust anyone else with our baby. Thank you for what you do.” -Sadie’s dadRead More